Monday, July 6, 2009

A turn of events

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/sc-judge-apologises-for-taliban-remarks-on-muslims/485727/
I had commented on a news item on my blog of Monday, March 30, 2009. The link above, comes as a relief. Although it seems like the judge reluctantly apologized, I am happy for the student who is fighting for his constitutional rights.
The judge in this case has shown irresponsible behaviour and seems like is not qualified to give an unbiased opinion about anything. I am not sure why he is even allowed to be a judge.
I also like the fact that the newspaper is following up on the event and reporting it rather than just letting it slide into oblivion. This "following-up" of a news item, I find, is a rare quality found in the Indian Newspapers that I read.

No comments:

Follow This Blog