Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Pledge for School Children in India

Who am I? I am an Indian.
I will strive to be competent regardless of my caste, creed or religion and I will survive the competition with strength and intelligence I have developed.
I shall use my education to invent and discover in order to meet the everyday needs of my fellow Indians.
I will try each day to make this country a pollution free, pleasant place to live.
I will learn to respect difference of opinion, difference of colour, difference of caste, creed or religion. I shall respect the freedom of expression.
I shall respect all elders not simply for their age but also for their years of life experiences.
I shall always remember that almost 70% of India lives in villages where primary occupation is agriculture.

3 comments:

The Wanderer said...

Hi :) Nice to read this blog too. I'd of course like to see the other one updated too. This post is great. Have you written this pledge ? Its uncanny...just 15 minutes ago my Baba and I were discussing casteism in India and the issue of caste-based reservation and how competence is not valued...and I log on to see you write something similar :)

Swapnali said...

Hi Thank you. I do have the other blong on mind all the time.

Working two jobs right now is not helping! :)

Will update that one soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey too good.loved ur concept of casteism and pollution.really nice to see that still there are people who think of such issues which are weakening our country's foundation.hats off to you.keep it up.
Jas

Follow This Blog